FOLLOWING INFORMATION TRANSLATED FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH WEBSITE FOR THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Handling cannabis for medicinal or scientific purposes
Created: 3/5/2013 Last update: 3/5/2013
On March 4, 2013, Act No. 50/2013 Coll., which amends Act No. 378/2007 Coll., on medicinal products and changes to certain related laws, as amended, Act No. 167/1998 Coll., was published in the Collection of Laws on March 4, 2013 ., on addictive substances and on the amendment of some other laws, as amended, and Act No. 634/2004 Coll ., on administrative fees, as amended, with effect from 1 April 2013.
This legislative change will make it possible to treat cannabis for medical use or scientific purposes (cannabis for LP) as a narcotic substance listed in Annex No. 1 of Act No. 167/1998 Coll. on addictive substances and on the amendment of certain other laws, as amended (hereinafter referred to as “the law”).
In accordance with this law, you can:
• Handle cannabis for LP only after receiving a handling permit (Section 4 of the Act), which is issued by the Ministry of Health (provision of Section 8 of the Act based on a received application for a permit to handle addictive substances and preparations). Form No. 1 (application) is available on the website of the Ministry of Health at:
http://www.mzcr.cz/Odbornik/dokumenty/tiskopisy-formularu-podle-vyhlasky-cb_1964_1052_3.html Documents that must be attached to the application , are listed in the appendix to this form.
• It will be possible to import cannabis for LP only on the basis of a permit to import addictive substances and preparations (§ 21 of the Act) issued by the Ministry of Health and after sending an import estimate. Form No. 14 (application for the issuance of an import permit) and form No. 41 (estimation of the import of addictive substances and preparations) are available on the website of the Ministry of Health at the address indicated above.
• Cannabis for LP can be exported in the event of a claim on imported cannabis for LP only on the basis of a permit for the export of addictive substances and preparations (§ 20 of the Act) issued by the Ministry of Health and only after presenting an import permit issued by the state to which the export is to be made . Form No. 10 (application for the issuance of a permit for the export of addictive substances and preparations) is available on the website of the Ministry of Health at the address indicated above.
Some additional hemp law obligations for LPs:
• Storage – proceeds in accordance with the provisions of § 10 of the Act.
• Reporting obligation – using the appropriate forms, which can also be downloaded from the above address, is filed according to § 26 of the Act:
- by the end of February for the past calendar year, the annual report on consumption, import/export, trade and the state and movement of stocks (form no. 25, 26 and 27),
- by the end of April, the estimate of imports for the next calendar year (form No. 41),
- by the fifteenth day of the following month, a monthly report on the import or export carried out (form no. 18 or 20).
• Records and documentation are governed by Section 32 of the Act, details are set out in Decree No. 123/2006 Coll., on records and documentation of addictive substances and preparations (decree). Given that cannabis for LP is included in Annex No. 1 of the Act to the list of narcotic substances, records will be kept in writing in record books, including monthly inventories. Documentation is also governed by § 33 of the Act and § 15 of the Decree.
EFFECTIVENESS: This Act becomes effective on 1 April 2013 (the first day of the calendar month following the date of its promulgation), with the exception of the provisions of Part Two of Article II, Points 2, 7 to 18 and 20, which become effective on the first day of the twelfth calendar month following the day of its announcement.
Prepared by: OPL Inspectorate, Ing. Alena Ondroušková, email@example.com , phone: 224 972 710
Complete application form – www.mzcr.cz/Odbornik/dokumenty/tiskopisy-formularu-podle-vyhlasky-cb_1964_1052_3.html (We will follow up on the broken link)
Keep travel documents, copy of prescription and doctor’s letter with your medication in its original container. Keep these items with your hand luggage for your journey, although you may need to check with your airline’s regarding this.
Ministry of Health Czech Republic OPL Inspectorate: firstname.lastname@example.org